Importance And Benefits of Akshaya Tritiya
Added on: 07-05-19
- Source: Own
Maa Lakshmi app pur apni kripa hamesha banaye rahkhee. Apko Akshaya Tritiya ki Shubh Kamnaye
Akshaya Tritiya, also popular as Akha Teej and Parshuram Jayanti, is a holy day for people following Hinduism and Jainism. The holy festival falls on the Shukla Paksha Tritiya of the Vaishakha month. Akshaya Tritiya is considered very auspicious. As per mythological facts, any Japa, yoga, meditation, spiritual sadhana, Dan-Punya, Yajna and Pitra-Tarpan done on this day will remain with the offeror throughout their lives. The word ‘Akshaya’ means never diminishing and any good deed or prayers done on this day never diminishes. The festival is celebrated to welcome good luck and success and is considered to be one of the finest days for buying gold and silver.
Buying gold on this day signifies that the buyer is bringing prosperity and more wealth in the house which will remain there for long. Additionally, the gold bought on this day is expected to never diminish and would continue to contribute towards family’s growth and welfare. The day is ruled by God Vishnu and it is also the first day of the Treta Yuga.
Vedic beliefs of the festival.
- Vedic astrologers believes that this is the best day to get free from all malefic effects and one can easily donate things and offer the same to the gods and goddesses without taking out any Muhurta.
- Akshaya Tritiya is the only day in the year when the sun and the moon are exalted and they enters Aries and Taurus simultaneously.
- Most of the Vedic astrologers also claims that super powers like Agni and Soma, Shiva and Shakti, Vishnu and Lakshmi, and all the masculine and feminine powers in the universe are at their highest power and grace and embrace others to gain power and perform right deeds.
- As per Hindu mythology, on this day Holy Ganges arrived on the earth and the Pandavas has received an Akshaya Patra from Adi Shankara
- This day also marks the first day of preparation of the Ratha to be used during the famous Puri Ratha Yatra event.
What all you should offer to the god today?
Despite of offering normal prayers, fruits and sweets to the lord, you should also offer some special offerings that can benefit you in the near future. Read the list below to understand what and how to offer:
- Make donations for maintaining world peace or offer something from your earnings to maintain peace and harmony in the surroundings
- Pray to your ancestors and offer flowers, do prayers and chant mantras to pray that they remain happy wherever they are.
- Visit your nearest sacred river, take a dip before sunrise and offer your prayers to the sun by chanting the surya mantra - On Hreem Suryaya Namah!
- Keep a fast and offer anything prepared with rice to Lord Vishnu, if possible.
- Honor Tulsi plant, put some leaves in water and sprinkle it all over the home and drink it too
- At night, prepare the mixture using water, milk and honey and offer the same to the moon to get eternal peace in your life. Chanting the mantra – Om Shreem Somaya Namah will also help in bringing a lot of fortune and good luck.
- You can also put barley in sacred fire to receive blessings of Lord Ganesha and Lakshmi.
Sacred resolutions to follow on this day:
- Break the brown coconut (water-filled) at the entrance of your home and keep small pieces of it in all directions of your home – South, West, East and North. The left pieces can be consumed as Prasad
- Prepare some kheer using rice, milk and sweet and donate it in a temple. You can also consume it at home for maintaining peace and harmony.
- If you are planning to do some japa, yoga or meditation for maintaining inner peace and encouraging inner awakening, then it is the right time to begin.
- Married women should wear a red thread with vermillion around their neck to pray for longer life and health of their life partner. Unmarried women can offer red thread to Lord Shiva and pray for getting a suitable partner.
- Touch the feet of elders in the family and seek their blessings for a healthier, joyous and fruitful future.